I've observed a number of common problems with survey processes. For example, feedback that's not timely enough to be useful, data that's not relevant to the organization, and surveys which annoy or confuse customers. We developed Agile Customer Feedback to lay down the principles and practices we use to build an effective and responsive customer feedback process. At its core, Agile Customer Feedback consists of five key principles:
- Respect and listen to customers and they will want to give feedback
- Always be collecting feedback from customers
- Adapt the customer feedback process to evolving business needs
- Disseminate customer feedback in real time throughout the company
- Target surveys to customers who are likely to tell you something you don't know
We just published a white paper going into a lot more detail about Agile Customer Feedback, and you can download it from our website. Even if you don't buy into the concept of Agile Customer Feedback, I hope you find this a thought-provoking source of new ideas about your customer survey.